Have you ever thought of having your own podcast? Or have you been invited to be a guest on a podcast?
In this episode, I share everything I have learned while setting up The Job Hunting Podcast. And I discuss it from the perspective of a corporate professional willing to participate in the podcast world, as opposed to a business owner like me.
I have found that more and more corporate professionals are considering using podcasts to amplify their reputation, or alternatively, as an outlet for a hobby completely separate from day-to-day work. Moreover, many professionals are now being asked to be guests on podcasts, so I also discuss what to do if that happens to you. And if you want to be a guest, I give tips on how to approach a podcast host.
I hope you enjoy this interesting topic. I have often suggested hosting a podcast or being a guest to clients who are on career breaks or between jobs. Now I can share my tips and ideas with you.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Dual lapel microphone *
- Podcast recorded with the dual lapel mic: The Job Hunting Podcast Episode 23 with Janet Sernack
- Podcast recorded with the dual lapel mic: The Job Hunting Podcast Episode 36 with Mohit Bhargava
- My current podcast microphone: Samson Q2U *
- Samson boom arm *
- My next podcast microphone: Rode PodMic Cardioid Dynamic *
- Podbean host platform - you can start on a free subscription
- Alternative podcast host - Buzzprout
- Guests that found my podcast and reached out: Michael Yinger, Natalie and Lisa from Own Your Health
- I schedule my guests using Harmonizely, but it's been phased out and replaced by SimplyMeet
- Cianna Reider, Podcast Virtual Assistant
- Softwares we use to edit the podcast: Audacity, Filmora, Descript
- Design platform we use to create banners and social media posts: Canva
- Chat10Looks3 podcast, a private endeavor produced by ABC journalists Leigh Sales and Annabel Crabb
- Too Peas in a Podcast
* These are Amazon affiliate links. If you buy using this link, a small % of your purchase supports this podcast. Thank you so much for your support!
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Are you new to The Job Hunting Podcast? If so, here is a bit about your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you are ready, and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you. In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I have developed a range of courses and services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also coach private clients.
So there is no excuse – I'm determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
- Subscribe to the newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please support The Job Hunting Podcast: Follow, subscribe, share, rate, and review:
Thank you so much again for listening to the episode. Please leave us a review and give it a 5-star rating on Apple Podcast if you enjoyed the content. An appraisal is the best gift you can give to a podcaster; I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! Writing a review and giving it five stars helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
Enjoy the episode, and ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Cariño
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.