The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Oct 23, 2023
Monday Oct 23, 2023
Welcome to another episode where we delve into the world of career development and job-seeking strategies. In today's episode, I answered questions from our listeners with diverse topics, from LinkedIn "open for work" indicators to the intricacies of assessing company culture during interviews. We'll also explore the delicate art of asking a former manager to mentor you and discuss effective feedback techniques for improving workplace relationships. Read the full blog on the website.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 01:36 - What is your view on LinkedIn's public "open for work" indicator?
- 05:26 - How to assess company culture during the job interviewing stage?
- 14:18 - How to ask a former manager to be a mentor?
- 22:23 - How do you give feedback to a work colleague without causing more issues?
- 32:51 - How do you find out what to wear for your interview or a new job?
- 36:56 - I took a week off work to focus on job applications. How do I make the most of that time?
Links mentioned in this episode:
About the host, Renata Bernarde
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job-hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Join us for more career tips: Subscribe to The Job Hunting Newsletter and take your career to new heights
- More ways I can help you: www.renatabernarde.com