The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Nov 20, 2023
Monday Nov 20, 2023
Today employment law becomes accessible in a captivating episode featuring Jessica Childress, a renowned employment law attorney and founder of the Childress Firm PLLC. Jessica's insights empower listeners to navigate workplace complexities, covering everything from recognizing discrimination and harassment to self-protection strategies and addressing legal issues. Gain a deep understanding of when legal intervention is crucial and when to advocate for cultural shifts. Jessica breaks down fundamental workplace rights, and the importance of comprehending employment agreements and provides practical advice for documenting and reporting issues. Whether you're facing challenges at work or aiming to be better informed about professional rights, this episode unravels the mysteries of employment law, offering actionable advice for every corporate professional. Read the full blog on the website.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 13:58 - What is the difference between discrimination, retaliation, and harassment
- 19:48 - What are the different types of harassment
- 24:29 - What you need to know about retaliation
- 27:07 - What you can do if you decide to take action.
- 31:51 - How to assess the situation and work with HR
- 42:56 - Can I afford legal advice?
- 48:43 - Remote and hybrid work issues
- 51:20 - Free Resources
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 141 - Five strategies to manage your current awful job while you look for another
- Episode 130 - Post-Pandemic stress and other factor affecting your wellbeing at work - with Natalie Moore and Lisa Saunders
- Episode 162 - What happens after we quit our jobs: An interview with Sara McElroy, Wall-Street Journal’s poster girl for the Great Resignation
- Episode 209 - Assessing company culture during interviews, giving feedback, and finding a mentor: some great career questions answered
- Jessica Childress' free checklist on key items to consider before leaving a toxic workplace
- Link to pre-order e-book Peace: Leaving a Toxic Workplace on Your Own Terms.
- The Childress Firm Website
About the host, Renata Bernarde
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job-hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Join us for more career tips: Subscribe to The Job Hunting Newsletter and take your career to new heights
- More ways I can help you: www.renatabernarde.com