The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Monday May 22, 2023
Monday May 22, 2023
Join me in this episode as I dive into a treasure trove of questions from amazing listeners, offering invaluable advice and insights to enhance your job search. From do's and don'ts of job applications and interviews to unconventional job hunting techniques. I covered a wide range of topics that will empower you to navigate the ever-evolving job market with ease. Whether you're considering a career change, seeking a new job, or simply curious, this engaging and informative episode is a must-listen. Read the full blog on the website.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 08:38 - Question 1: "Shouldn't you wait at your present job for at least one year before starting to look - or it might not look good on your resume to keep moving?"
- 14:16 - Question 2: "I have been working on contract for the past couple of years, and given my last permanent opportunity was not a good experience for me, I am fearful of my new job not working out"
- 18:53 - Question 3: "Technology - I haven't needed to use most of them a lot, and I worry about not being able to troubleshoot the tech during an interview and losing out on an opportunity."
- 24:24 - Question 4: "Another challenge is the (rare) occurrence of how to manage the situation when you have a bird in the hand and one or two in the bush!"
- 29:00 - Question 5: "What is a polite way to say I am unable to resign on the strength of a verbal offer?"
- 31:45 - Question 6: "What if you have received a good offer (and it's the best one you've received in two years), but it's not your dream job (and your dream job might be around the corner)?"
Links mentioned in this episode:
About the host, Renata Bernarde
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job-hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule
- Learn more about my career services on my website
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or email me at email@example.com