The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Jun 05, 2023
Monday Jun 05, 2023
Unlock the secrets to acing job applications and interviews in this episode of "The Job Hunting Podcast." Get expert tips on navigating the dos and don'ts of resume writing, tackling ambiguity in job offers, reentering the workforce after a break, finding part-time senior positions, overcoming ageism barriers, and leveraging the power of LinkedIn. Prepare for your career success with insightful advice to listeners' questions. Don't miss this engaging and informative chat that brings you one step closer to achieving your career goals. Read the full blog on the website.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 04:40 - Question 7: "What is ATS again?"
- 14:42 - Question 8: "If a recruiter tries to sell you a position for a small to medium size company, where there is no PD and the responsibilities are vague, and describes it as having a lot of potential, can you trust the job and the company?"
- 19:29 - Question 9: "I am re-entering the workforce after taking an 8-year break to have/raise my kids. After 8 years, and want to venture into a new space, how do I brand myself/present myself and create a resume/linked-in profile?"
- 23:40 - Question 10: "Do you have any advice on looking for corporate, senior, but part-time jobs? I'm returning to work after parental leave and finding it difficult to find sufficiently challenging/interesting part-time work."
- 27:31 - Question 11: "I am working through changing careers at 58, I have had some success but finding it hard to get interviews."
- 31:38 - Question 12: "Wondering if I should remove some dates from my CV and if is there anything I should say in a cover letter that may change thoughts around ageism regarding my ability to do the job."
- 35:08 - Question 13: "No one has EVER contacted me on LinkedIn! Do you have to have Premium?"
- 40:16 - Question 14: "My company is in trouble, and people are saying there is going to be a restructuring soon, and that could mean I could lose my job. What can I do now to prepare for the job market?"
Links mentioned in this episode:
About the host, Renata Bernarde
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job-hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule
- Learn more about my career services on my website
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or email me at email@example.com