The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Jul 17, 2023
Monday Jul 17, 2023
Join me in this episode as I speak with Angela Ryan, a global Business Partner and Director at a leading Financial Technology Multinational. Explore Angela's journey from Australia to Singapore as she navigates the fintech industry and advocates for workplace diversity. Gain valuable insights into the world of fintech, learn about essential skills and attributes for success in the industry, and explore Angela's experiences living as an expat in Singapore. Whether you're considering a career transition or relocating, Angela's expert advice will guide you toward success. Read the full blog on the website.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 03:06 - Angela's career story.
- 05:23 - Angela Ryan on Success in HR and the Importance of Courage
- 07:40 - Professional and Social Differences as an Expat in Singapore
- 11:07 - Navigating the First Year as an Expat in a New Country
- 15:11 - Overcoming Professional Differences and Leveraging Transferable Skills
- 17:12 - Expats in Singapore and the Skills Employers Seek
- 19:13 - Remote Work Dynamics and Tax Considerations in Singapore
- 23:45 - Explaining the Evolution and Opportunities in Financial Technology (Fintech)
- 28:18 - Unlocking Success in FinTech
- 30:48 - In-Demand Professionals in FinTech
- 33:24 - Navigating Disclosure of Neurodiversity and Disabilities in the Workplace
- 40:12 – Angela's final words
About the host, Renata Bernarde
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job-hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule
- Learn more about my career services on my website
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or email me at email@example.com