The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Sep 13, 2021
Attracting and hiring top talent with Nick Birbilis (Ep 99)
Monday Sep 13, 2021
Monday Sep 13, 2021
Subscribe to Renata's weekly newsletter: Receive new episodes of the Job Hunting Podcast, as well as exclusive content for corporate professionals looking for work and planning their next career goals.
About our guest, Nick Birbilis:
Nick Birbilis is an Australian engineer and academic. He is a Professor and Deputy Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science at the Australian National University. Nick works in the field of materials science and engineering, having made contributions in the area of materials design, materials durability, and materials characterization. Nick was the inaugural Woodside Innovation Chair at Monash University, where he directed the Woodside Innovation Centre in the areas of additive manufacturing (i.e. 3-D printing), rapid prototyping, materials durability, data science, analytics, and machine learning.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/profNickANU
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-birbilis-bb65a3a9/
- Nick’s Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Birbilis
- Nick’d TEDx Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEdvBoxumw
- 13:42 - Nick’s career
- 16:59 - Finding great talent
- 21:03 - Border closures and opportunities for remote work
- 31:54 - Virtual job interviews
- 34:47 - Hiring best practices
- 38:23 - Border closures and what it means for domestic talent
- 48:32 - Nick’s tip on how to interview well for sector change
- 53:52 - Sector change: moving from corporate to research institutions or startups
- 57:58 - Industry 4.0: what the future holds
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast Facebook group
- Subscribe to the Job Hunting Newsletter
- Other episodes of The Job Hunting podcast about technology, science, and the future of work:
- Episode XX: Emerging jobs and technologies - with Associate Professor Catherine Ball
- Episode XX: Data jobs: Interview with data & machine learning expert Catherine Lopes PhD
- Episode XX: The future of offices and teamwork - with workplace strategist Su Lim
- Episode XX: How to pivot your career during a crisis: Advice from "the new world of work" expert Marianne Roux
- Episode XX: A lesson in personal agility - with New World of Work expert Marianne Roux
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Estella Dacuba
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.