97. Two career experts discuss what makes professionals successful at job-hunting - with Mac Prichard.
Subscribe to Renata's weekly newsletter for exclusive content for corporate professionals and new episodes of the Job Hunting Podcast.
About our guest, Mac Prichard:
Mac Prichard is on a mission to create more human hiring processes to improve the workforce for all. He is the founder and publisher of Mac’s List, a job board and career hub for the Pacific Northwest. It serves job seekers and employers in Oregon and Washington with its top-tier job board and courses, books, events, and other resources that bring people together to find better jobs and happier careers. Mac’s List became a Certified B Corporation in 2017.
Mac built two small businesses on the strength of his professional network, and he has taught thousands of people how to grow their careers through relationships with others. Mac shows job seekers and employers how to break down the barriers by teaching empathy, curiosity, and people-focused hiring with a practical, nuts-and-bolts style. He is also the author of the book “Land Your Dream Job Anywhere,” and the host of the weekly career advice podcast Find Your Dream Job. To learn more about Mac and Mac's List, please check his website www.macslist.org and LinkedIn profile linkedin.com/in/macprichard.
- 09:11 - What led Mac to start a job board
- 14:21 - The importance of understanding how recruitment works
- 18:33 - How the pandemic affected Mac’s job board and how it’s recovering
- 21:30 - Professional skills that are important for a post-pandemic workplace
- 27:52 - Building organizational culture in a virtual world
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Mac’s podcast: Find Your Dream Job
- Download the Optimized Job Search Schedule and find your perfect job-hunting routine.
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Are you new to The Job Hunting Podcast? If so, here is a bit about your host:
Hello, I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you are ready, and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you. In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I have developed a range of courses and services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also coach private clients.
So there is no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Please support The Job Hunting Podcast: Follow, subscribe, share, rate, and review:
Thank you so much again for listening to the episode. If you enjoyed the content, please leave us a review and give it a 5-star rating on your podcast platform of choice. A review is the best gift you can give to a podcaster; I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! Writing a review and giving it five stars helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Estella Dacuba
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong People. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.