Dedicating time to plan your career is a great long-term investment.
In this podcast episode, I address one of the biggest issues I discuss with prospective coaching clients when they want to get fast results in job searching or career progression. I ask them to forget about me (i.e., the coach) for a moment. And think: are you dedicating time to this project? If not, are you willing to? Because coaching is an excellent investment, but it will only work if you incorporate into your life a new routine to sustain your career, ensure you progress towards your goals, and keep the opportunities coming to you in the long term.
I get it: It's challenging to know what to do and how to spend your time:
- Should you be on Zoom having virtual coffees with your connections?
- Or is it better to spend your time searching and applying for jobs online?
- How can you look for work when you have a full-time job?
It's exhausting! Sometimes the anxiety and lack of confidence can be debilitating. And when you finally get around to applying for a great role...crickets! You hear nothing back. So much time wasted for nothing. At times, you just want to give up.
4 Time management tips for job hunters and career planners:
In this episode (number 93), I provide four tips so you can find the time, use it well, and incorporate career planning into your routine:
- Make a date with yourself
- Make things easier and more streamlined with templates
- Find time to test, plan, and prepare
- Be in the moment
Imagine job hunting without stress, confusion, and overwhelm.
The information overload we experience daily drains our capacity to think and plan strategically for our life, career, and future happiness. Job hunting and career planning can be exhausting. When you're doing it on your own, the anxiety and lack of confidence are debilitating.
But it’s 100% possible to job hunt with confidence and take control of the outcomes for your future career steps. I know this because I have plenty of statements from my clients to prove that my coaching framework wors. I’ve been in the same situation in my career, and I created a proven system to helps executives achieve their career goals.
If you are ready to take control of your career, I invite you to join my group coaching program. Enrolments are now open for a limited time, and this is the last group coaching for 2021. So if you want to get that new job or promotion this year, then this is your chance to navigate recruitment and selection with support, without overwhelming and guesswork.
- I’m curious! Then, REGISTER FOR THE FREE JOB HUNTING MASTERCLASS.
- I’m ready! Then LEARN MORE AND ENROL IN THE JOB HUNTING MADE SIMPLE GROUP COACHING PROGRAM HERE.!I hope you enjoy this episode. Let me know what you think by following me on social media!
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 07:44 - Make a date with yourself: once a day, week, quarter - schedule it
- 11:37 - Prepare templates to support your career.
- 13:04 - Test, plan, and prepare: things you can do when you have time and don’t need a job or promotion.
- 16:29 - Be in the moment.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Attend live or watch the recording of the free Job Hunting Masterclass
- Learn more and enroll in the Job Hunting Made Simple program
- Interview with Lynne Cazaly about perfectionism
- Subscribe to the newsletter
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Are you new to The Job Hunting Podcast? If so, here is a bit about your host:
Hello, I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you are ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy