90. The changing role of sales: Purpose, burnout, building partnerships, and the post-pandemic environment - with Peta Sitcheff
To stay updated with new episodes of the Job Hunting Podcast, click here and sign up for my weekly newsletter. You also receive valuable resources from me to help your career journey, and it is absolutely free!
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 08:23 - Peta starts selling Viagra
- 16:44 - Can Peta transfer her skills: Renata brainstorms other industries for Peta
- 19:08 - Peta never uses the word sales. Peta is in partnership and commercial growth.
- 24:29 - When salespeople help professionals learn and innovate
- 27:19 - When salespeople need to rethink their purpose: The short term purpose of sales KPIs
- 28:34 - When sales pay so well, it’s hard to leave: Peta burns out
- 40:10 - Sales professionals impacted by the pandemic
- 45:13 - Sales = Commercial Growth
- 47:42 - Strengths: Be careful what you’re good at
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Reset Your Career
- Peta’s Sitcheff’s book, My Beautiful Mess
- Episode 89: Don't quit your job: 5 strategies to manage your current awful job while you look for another.
- Defining You: How to Profile Yourself and Unlock Your Full Potential, by Fiona Murden
- Peta's articles on Thrive Global
About our guest, Peta Sitcheff:
Today, Peta inspires teams & grows business. As a consultant, she chooses to work with clients who would benefit most from her Sales leadership. Supporting organizations to discover opportunities in unchartered waters & sales professionals to be courageous. You can connect with Peta on her Instagram or LinkedIn
Peta's new book: SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODE FOR LISTENERS
Use the code MESSY to buy Peta's book My Beautiful Mess on her website to get free shipping.
Are you new to The Job Hunting Podcast? If so, here is a bit about your host:
Hello, I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you. In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I have…
- Created a series of free tools and resources.
- Developed a range of courses and services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also...
- Coach private clients.
So there is no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career.
Please support The Job Hunting Podcast: Follow, subscribe, share, rate, and review:
Thank you so much again for listening to the episode. If you enjoyed the content, please consider leaving a review of my show and giving it a 5-star rating if your platform has a review system in place. It's one of the best gifts one can be a podcaster, and I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! When you write a review and give it five stars, it helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
To leave a review on iTunes, click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy