To stay updated with new episodes of the Job Hunting Podcast, click here and sign up for my weekly newsletter. You also receive valuable resources from me to help your career journey, and it is absolutely free!
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 04:58 - Two ex-pats stuck in Australia: there are worst places to be, but it still hurts
- 08:22 - Renata explains The Job Hunting Podcast to Michelle
- 10:55 - Michelle’s career story
- 14:37 - Michelle's career transition
- 17:53 - Studying for a career change
- 19:36 - The truth about sugar
- 27:36 - Renata shares her experience with food, bad nutrition, and what it did to her mental health
- 30:26 - Michele's recommendation: when you are grieving the loss of a job
- 34:52 - Michele's recommendation: to help you perform better
- 39:55 - Michele's #1 tip: the best diet
- 45:11 - How does healthy fat help you?
- 49:42 - The importance of sleep and the quad factor
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 54: The importance of staying healthy and positive while looking for a job - with wellbeing expert Susan Hunter
- Episode 74: The OG of career change: From Accountant to Mindfulness Consultant, plus a 10-min meditation for job-hunters - featuring Ilana Kosakiewicz
- Episode 47: Well-being, digital health, and startup jobs - With startup entrepreneur, Co-Founder & CEO of Mindset Health Alex Naoumidis
- Episode 26: Menopause and work: How menopause affects your career - Part 1
- Episode 27: Menopause and work: How uncertainty and stress impact women's career - Part 2 (COVID Series)
- Episode 81: A career coach's top tip for job interview preparation to guarantee your best performance.
About our guest, Michele Chevalley Hedge:
Michele Chevalley Hedge was previously a marketing manager, so she truly understands the needs of time-poor corporate executives who, family or not, want health but not hassle. Health magazine editors often introduce her as “the modern-day nutritionist – the one who likes a bit of wine and coffee.” She is not Paleo Pete, or I Quit Sugar but perfectly placed somewhere in the healthy middle.
Michele’s clinical practice and experience allow her to share stories of patients and their nutritional transformation, which give the audience goosebumps – the kinds of stories that can only be heard if you are at the coal face with clients. Women who say their addiction to food caused their divorce; executives who say they don’t like going to the boardroom without her five top tips; and politicians, and their families, who come to her wellness retreats. Recognizing her sensible approach to nutrition, four years ago, Wiley Publishing commissioned Michele to write Beating Sugar Addictions for Dummies.
Every week, Michele works with major banks in Australia – Westpac, CBA, ANZ, HSBC, and corporations like Apple, Dropbox, Dexus, News.com, MFAA, Women in Focus, ACCOR, Westfield, Department of Defence, Tourism Portfolio, Heart Research Australia, Cure Cancer, and schools and education events. She is the keynote speaker for the Heads of Schools of Australia and the Positive Schools Conference in Hong Kong. Michele is also an ambassador for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution and the launch of THAT SUGAR FILM.
Michele is the Nature Care College Ambassador, Cure Cancer Ambassador, and Heart Research Institute Ambassador and consults for 100’s on international corporations. She recently sat alongside the Dalai Lama at a conference where she presented on ‘Vitality, Energy and Serotonin – It’s all in Your Food.’ Mental health and nutrition research is her passion, and she often declares, “It makes the New Yorker come out in her.”
SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODE FOR LISTENERS: use the code: 25%offLSL when signing up to Michelle's Low Sugar Lifestyle Program
Connect with Michele:
Are you new to The Job Hunting Podcast? If so, here is a bit about your host:
Hello, I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you. In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I have…
- Created a series of free tools and resources.
- Developed a range of courses and services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also...
- Coach private clients.
So there is no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career.
Please support The Job Hunting Podcast: Follow, subscribe, share, rate, and review:
Thank you so much again for listening to the episode. If you enjoyed the content, please consider leaving a review of my show and giving it a 5-star rating if your platform has a review system in place. It's one of the best gifts one can be a podcaster, and I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! When you write a review and give it five stars, it helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
To leave a review on iTunes, click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy