Hi, I’m Renata Bernarde and this is the Job Hunting Podcast, where I try to help you nail your next job and have the career you want.
If this type of content is for you, you are currently on the market looking for a new job, you are keen to get a new job in the near future, or if you want tips on how to advance or change careers, make sure you subscribe on iTunes and Spotify. Also please share with friends who you think will like the content. And If you enjoyed this podcast I'd love if you could give me a 5-star review. Thank you!!
Download my “10 Tips” guide for job hunters: https://www.renatabernarde.com/10tips
Here is the link to this episode on my website: https://www.renatabernarde.com/blog/8
Here is the link to my homepage: https://www.renatabernarde.com/
Free Bonus Template:
As promised in the podcast, I am sharing with you my "Email Template: Connecting with Head-hunters and Recruiters", which you can download here: https://www.renatabernarde.com/8bonus
About this Episode:
Alistair Freeman wrote a post on his LinkedIn profile describing his experience job hunting, following his redundancy a few months ago. He started by thanking everyone that helped him, and finished off by offering to “pay it forward”. His post was sent to me by one of our listeners and I loved it. Alistair described the rejections he received, the ghosting he got from some recruiters, but also pointed out the power of networking and that it had been fun for him to reconnect with great relationships he had lost touch with over time.
It is rare for someone to share redundancy stories so I didn’t think twice, immediately contacted Alistair and invited him to be interviewed for this podcast. And I am so happy he agreed, because he had so much more to say, and a few surprises that I really enjoyed hearing about, and I hope that you will enjoy it too.
Alistair’s story of redundancy may be unique, but there are many lessons to be learned here, such as:
- to use the disruption of the redundancy to re-evaluate your lifestyle;
- to be open to new sectors and opportunities
- to have a positive mindset while job hunting, because it is a stressful experience.
So if you are wondering how Alistair dealt with his redundancy, where he is now and what he learned in the process, listen up!
References I have made in this episode:
Subscribe and Review!
- Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Click here to subscribe on Podbean
- Click here to sign up for my newsletter and get them in your inbox weekly.
Other ways to enjoy this episode:
- Join The Job Hunting Podcast Private Facebook Group: This group is a community of people who are willing to help each other, provide support, accountability, and connection for those who are job seeking or are career enthusiasts.
- Download a transcript of this episode
Thank you so much for your support!
Ciao for now
Ohayo by Smith The Mister https://smiththemister.bandcamp.com
Smith The Mister https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5z...
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_ohayo
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/bzCw4RyFqHo