The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Apr 19, 2021
Monday Apr 19, 2021
Jacinta and her colleague Caroline McAuliffe have co-authored a book, The Rise of the Interim Executive: A Guide to Navigate Your Success. This book is out this month and a must-read for professionals who are keen to move now or in the future towards interim work. I have five copies to give away to listeners. All you need to do is give this podcast 5 stars and write a review on iTunes or the Apple podcast app, send me a screenshot with your postal address, and I will send you a brand new, off the print copy of the book. This is a first in the best-dressed promotion and I only have 5 copies, so please hurry - you don’t want to miss out!
Send the photo and your postal address to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 05:15 - The job market as we enter Q2 of 202
- 12:25 - What is a portfolio career
- 15:10 - Who is a perfect candidate for portfolio work?
- 18:09 - Who should avoid it?
- 20:10 - What is the future of work?
- 30:53 - Jacinta explained her framework to help interim executives
- 33:22 - The myths surrounding interim work
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Me Inc: Opting for short term contract work post-quarantine (COVID SERIES) with Jacinta Whelan
- How to find a job during the COVID-19 pandemic - with global recruitment expert Geoff Morgan AM.
- Has COVID-19 derailed your career? Interview with recruitment expert Geoff Slade.
- Jacinta's new book "The Rise of the Interim Executive: A Guide to Navigate Your Success"
- Register your interest and learn more about the group coaching program: Job Hunting Made Simple
- LinkedIn Audit service
About our guest, Jacinta Whelan:
A partner with Watermark Executive Search, Jacinta is an author, thought leader, and popular speaker on the concept of Interim Executives, Portfolio Careers, and future ways of working. She leads the Melbourne office of Watermark and has over 25 years of experience starting and leading Interim businesses in Hong Kong, New York, and Australia.
Jacinta advises corporates and governments on the Executive Interim marketplace. She is regularly asked to speak to Boards and business leaders looking to stay abreast of the way organizations are engaging executive talent. The future of work has well and truly arrived – it is the NOW of work. The paradigm has shifted in how we engage with work and both individuals and companies are questioning what it means for them.
Jacinta has a BA Bus, is a GAICD (2008), a Harvard Business School Alumni (2018).
How to connect with Jacinta:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.