The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Apr 12, 2021
Monday Apr 12, 2021
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 06:52 - James' career journey
- 10:23 - James' key strengths that helped his career
- 12:07 - The UK job market in 2021
- 15:12 - Key strengths that employers are looking for in candidates
- 18:40 - Outdated job position descriptions
- 23:24 - Why use tests during the recruitment process?
- 25:48 - Are there built-in biases in assessment tests?
- 28:38 - Should you practice for assessment tests?
- 30:59 - When you don't like your test results
- 34:03 - Getting feedback about your test result and recruitment process
- 37:33 - Why is it so important to focus on strengths?
- 48:29 - Strengths and job-hunting
- 51:40 - Final advice from James
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Email to discuss private coaching
- Register your interest and learn more: Job Hunting Made Simple
- A lesson in personal agility - with New World of Work expert Marianne Roux
- How to pivot your career during a crisis: Advice from "the new world of work" expert Marianne Roux.
About our guest, James Brook:
James is a leadership consultant and coach, organizational psychologist, and entrepreneur. He has over 25 years of global experience working with leaders, teams, and organizations to assess, develop and optimize their performance and success using positive psychology and behavioral science.
Earlier in his career, James held leadership roles in HR and Talent Management in the UK and abroad with companies such as NatWest, Yahoo!, Right Management, and Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals. More recently, he has founded and led several talents and HR consulting businesses, including Strengthscope®, a pioneer and established global leader in strengths assessment and development.
James holds a Master’s in Organizational Psychology, an MBA, an Advanced Diploma in Executive Coaching, and a Harvard qualification in Sustainable Business Strategy. He is a member of the Institute of Directors, the Association of Business Psychologists, and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD).
How to connect with James: James' LinkedIn
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.