The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Tuesday Apr 06, 2021
Tuesday Apr 06, 2021
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 05:35 - Zoe's career journey and background
- 10:06 - Zoe's key strengths that helped in her career
- 12:15 - Things to consider when moving to the regions
- 13:49 - What are the available white-collar jobs in a town like Ballarat?
- 17:29 - Common traits of successful candidates
- 19:50 - Is there a preference for candidates that live in the region?
- 21:30 - Zoe's advice on what to put in your application
- 23:00 - Best way to engage in the region if you are new
- 25:06 - Difference of job applications in big cities vs the regions
- 26:40 - Importance of LinkedIn
- 29:27 - Salary range and cost of living in the region
- 31:20 - More jobs advertised in the regions than in big cities
- 32:47 - Remote work in the region
- 35:54 - Who will not work well in the region?
- 38:03 - Final advice from Zoe
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast Episode 8: Positive Redundancy: Interview with Alistair Freeman
- The Job Hunting Podcast Episode 55: From city life to tropical paradise: A positive redundancy story update with Alistair Freeman.
- The Job Hunting Podcast Episode 41: Escape to the country: Can remote work and the pandemic re-shape our cities and regional towns? - with Liz Ritchie
- Job Hunting Made Simple: Online Course and Group Coaching Program
- One in five wants to move to the country
- Motivation for metropolitan residents to make the move.
About our guest, Zoe Allan:
Based in Ballarat, Zoe Allan is a born and bred Regional Victorian, with a deep knowledge of the region she calls home and a strong personal connection to the local community.
Zoe also has more than 18 years of experience in Recruitment, HR, and Business Strategy Consulting throughout Australia, working with firms including Deloitte, Michael Page International, Hays, BHP, and Rio Tinto.
Since 2010 Zoe has been partnering with regional organizations to assist them in developing workable methods for attracting, selecting, recruiting, and retaining the top senior talent they require to realize their strategic objectives and achieve long-term success.
In February 2020, Zoe founded Milano Appointments, a boutique consultancy, based in Ballarat and specializing in recruitment and executive search services for Senior Operational, Management, C-Suite, and Board positions, exclusively for Regional Victoria.
Throughout her career, Zoe has developed a deep understanding of how regional organizations differ from their metropolitan counterparts and which skills and personal attributes are required for regional leaders to be truly successful. Through Milano Appointments Zoe combines this knowledge with her passion for Regional Victoria and her broad skill set, to offer a unique service to organizations looking for top leadership talent and senior professionals looking for new opportunities in Regional Victoria.
How to connect with Zoe:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.