73. How the vaccine rollout will get us back to work, and what we can learn and do now to prevent a future global crisis - featuring Israeli entrepreneurial consultant Amir Eldad.
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 08.40 - Difference between start-up and scale-up?
- 11.50 - Amir explains how Israel is vaccinating the entire country, and he shares his experience living there and experiencing the vaccine rollout on the ground.
- 20.15 - What’s different now that such a large proportion of the country has been vaccinated?
- 22.56 - Israel is a country of startups and a breeding incubator for many innovations. How has it been operating under this pandemic environment?
- 26.52 - Welfare system in Israel.
- 29.50 - Amir's expertise, what does it means to be an expert in entrepreneurial ecosystems?
- 39.39 - What would be the first step for an organization and the decision-maker to start working in that way?
- 45.02 - How can we develop better responses in the future using skills that you have learned in terms of global connectivity, entrepreneurial ecosystems, and these pillars that are the foundation of that?
- 55.12 - Amir is confronted with the opposite reaction where companies or governments feel like they're always in competition and are reluctant to take up an alliance.
- 57.29 - Renata's out-of-the-box analogy.
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Amir's earbuds are from Nuheara, an Australian company, and their award-winning product was considered Times magazine's best invention in 2020.
- Renata's golden earbuds are from Jabra and they are pretty ok :)
- New England Journal of Medicine article about Israel nationwide rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Study of Pfizer vaccine rollout in Israel.
- Start-Up Nation by Dan Senor and Saul Singer
- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds, by Michael Lewis
- Yozma Program 15-Years perspective
- You Need an Innovation Strategy by Gary P. Pisano
- The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen
About our guest, Amir Eldad:
Amir is a globally recognized Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Builder. Throughout the first part of his career, Amir led Global Go-to-Market for Israeli startups that aspired for global leadership while bridging the multi-national cultural gap. His extensive experience led to his role as Director of Global Partnerships of MassChallenge, co-founding MassChallenge Israel, playing a pivotal role in establishing the new MassChallenge Switzerland hub, and leading a high impact partnership between the City of Boston, MassChallenge Boston, and the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Lyon, France.
Co-located in Israel and Boston, MA, Amir leverages his strengths in the entrepreneurial communities in Israel, Boston, France, Switzerland, Melbourne (Australia), and other locations to help his clients achieve their growth objectives through internationally-connected entrepreneurial ecosystems. Amir is a regular speaker in global conferences such as the annual Global Technology Leadership Dialogue (Melbourne, Aug-2019) and the annual EBN European Innovation Hubs conference (Rome, Oct-2019). Connect with Amir: Amir's LinkedIn
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.