72. Have we learned nothing? Systemic gender biases, double standards, mental and physical dangers affecting women in the workplace - featuring Hannah Piterman Ph.D.
- 14:58 - Covid and the gig economy
- 19:54 - Covid and the pink recession
- 26:17 - Covid and working from home
- 27:32 - Work flexibility and gender
- 35:15 - Throwing women under the bus
- 47:59 - Executive presence and gender
- 57:03 - Sexual misconduct then and now
- 59:54 - The double standards we see publicly
- 1:03:10 - Managing people in the workplace, dealing with sexual misconduct
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Article: How women in academia are feeling the brunt of COVID-19
- Annabel Crab’s 2020 pink recession article: Coronavirus has left Australian women anxious, overworked, insecure — and worse off than men again.
- Bridget Mckenzie: Sports rorts: McKenzie denies taking the fall for PM.
- Christine Holgate leaves Australia Post: Government inquiry clears former Australia Post CEO Christine Holgate of wrongdoing but reveals more corporate credit card spending.
- How Christine Blasey Ford’s Testimony Changed America.
About our guest, Hannah Piterman Ph.D.:
Dr. Hannah Piterman has extensive experience designing frameworks for good governance, conducting board evaluations, undertaking whole organization reviews, and growing leadership through her executive coaching practice.
Hannah consults to an eclectic client base in the corporate, public, and not-for-profit sectors. Her consulting assignments and research undertakings have led to published reports and articles in the media, business publications, and international peer-reviewed journals. She is a presenter and facilitator on leadership at business forums in Australia and internationally.
Hannah is passionate about ethical leadership, diversity, and gender equality. She is the author of 'Unlocking Gender Potential: A Leader's Handbook,’ acclaimed two-year research sponsored by major business, government, and academic institutions.
Hannah is a Board Member of the Holmesglen Foundation and a Member of the Business Network Committee of the Jewish Museum of Australia (JMA). Hannah is also an adjunct Associate Professor at Monash University. She is a past member of the State Advisory Council of the Committee of Economic Development of Australia (CEDA), past Chair of the advisory board of Project Deborah, an education initiative for women in leadership, past member of the Domestic Violence Partnership Committee at Monash University and past member of the advisory board of the Anti Defamation Commission. She was also involved as a member of the Project Advisory Committee for InTouch supporting culturally and linguistically diverse women experiencing family violence.
How to connect with Hannah:
- Hannah Piterman's LinkedIn
- Hannah's Articles in The Conversation
- Book: Unlocking Gender Potential: A leader’s handbook
Free tools & where to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career.
- Where to listen/subscribe/follow to The Job Hunting Podcast.
- Visit my website.
Are you new here? If so, here is a bit about me:
Hello, and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I have…
- Created a series of free tools and resources.
- Developed a range of courses and services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also...
- Coach private clients.
So there is no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Please support this podcast: Follow, subscribe, rate, and review:
Thank you so much again for listening to the episode. If you enjoyed the content, please consider leaving a review of my show and giving it a 5-star rating if your platform has a review system in place. It's one of the best gifts one can be a podcaster, and I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! When you write a review and give it five stars, it helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
To leave a review on iTunes, click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now.
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy