68. The power of the first 90 days: How to start a successful role even before you get the job, featuring Sue Zablud.
- 06:11 - Sue's career journey
- 10:46 - Taking control of your career
- 12:26 - Sue's key strengths that helped her in career transitions
- 15:12 - Advice for professionals looking for work in 2021
- 19:06 - Using industry-specific jargons in your application
- 21:52 - Finding commonalities between sectors
- 23:35 - 'Do you know somebody else I can talk to?'
- 25:16 - What are your values?
- 26:52 - The first 90 days
- 35:45 - Goals to aim for in the first 90 days
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the Job Hunting Made Simple Online Program and Group Coaching.
- The Power of the First 90 days by Michael Watkins.
- Interview with recruitment expert Geoff Slade.
- Course Seeker Australia.
- NeuroLeadership by David Rock.
- Subscribe to receive the weekly newsletter.
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, and welcome! I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources. I developed a range of services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also coach private clients. So there is no excuse – I'm determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Free tools & where to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career.
- Where to listen/subscribe/follow to The Job Hunting Podcast.
- My website.
Please support this podcast: Follow, subscribe, rate, and review:
Please consider reviewing my show and giving it a 5-star rating on iTunes. It's one of the best gifts one can be a podcaster, and I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! When you write a review and give it five stars, it helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd