59. The power of self-fidelity: How to be true to yourself and thrive professionally - with Author Cassandra Goodman.
Cassandra Goodman has defined self-fidelity as the practice of being true to yourself. And she wants us to cultivate the capacity to be faithful to our true, essential nature. She says, “We have already addressed self-compassion, self-love, so why not self-fidelity and being faithful to ourselves?”. This idea that we can reconnect with our own nature and rebuild the faith in ourselves can be a wonderful exploration to professionals who are job hunting or reflecting on the next steps to take with their careers. So, I invited Cassandra for a chat about her new book, Self-Fidelity, which inspired me so much in 2020. I believe it’s a must-read for job hunters.
Want to win a copy of Cassandra Goodman’s new book?
- We’re giving 12 copies to the first 12 people who purchase the Reset Your Career: Workshop & 31-Day Action Plan.
- We’re also giving two copies to the first two listeners who write a new iTunes review. Please email us at email@example.com to let us know your contact details so we can send you a copy!
- Buy a copy of Self-Fidelity and get free shipping with the code JOBHUNTING: Click here to buy your copy.
About our guest, Cassandra Goodman:
Cassandra Goodman is guided by an aspiration to generously serve in order to uplift life. Cassandra loves supporting people to reconnect with their true nature and redefine success. She has three decades of business experience across multiple industries and has held many different senior leadership roles, including Global Director of Employee Experience at a healthcare company where she was responsible for activating the organization’s purpose ‘Longer, Healthier, Happier Lives’ for their 86,000 employees across the world. Cassandra’s work is ever-evolving and spans a portfolio of coaching, consulting, writing, and speaking. Her first book, Self-Fidelity, was released in December 2020. Cassandra is married, has two young sons, and can often be spotted on the streets of Melbourne cruising between lively conversations on her bright red pushbike. Click here to learn more about Cassandra and her new book, Self-Fidelity (use code JOBHUNTING for free shipping).
I always leave the casual chit chat in the beginning, because as a podcast listener myself, I love it in other shows, as the juicy content. But if you’re not into being a fly on the wall, use the timestamps and skip ahead to the topics of interest to you.
- 16:36 – Cassandra’s career journey
- 26:15 – Cassandra’s key strengths that carried through her successful career
- 31:51 – What is self-fidelity?
- 40:40 – The continuous learning loop
- 43:23 – How self-fidelity helps in job hunting
- 47:35 – Vulnerability
- 54:55 – How to practice self-fidelity?
- 58:33 – Tips for job hunting
- 01:03 – Reset your career
- 01:06 – Where do we get our self-worth?
- 01:09 – Understand our power and what we are up against
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Where to purchase Cassandra’s book, Self Fidelity: How being true to yourself uplifts your working life.
- Podcast interview with Nic Georges: 43. Leadership in the time of COVID - with Koko Black Chocolate CEO Nicolas Georges
- Podcast interview with Paul Burrows: 17. Financial independence as a key goal of successful career planning: Interview with Paul Burrows.
- Download a transcript of this episode.
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.