There is no reason to stop job hunting during the Festive Season, Christmas, and New Year. You can if you want or need to. But if you have time on your hands, or if you are in a hurry to find your next job, then this is, in fact, a great opportunity to step ahead of the game and get an advantage.
I created a new bonus workbook and workshop for my followers. Consider this my Christmas gift to you! You can download the workbook below: It's a breakdown of all the activities you need to do when job hunting, and 3 schedules you can opt into during the holidays, depending on your availability: Full-time job search, Part-time job search, or Light job search. By choosing one and sticking to it, you will feel in control, you won't lose momentum, and you will most definitely see results.
Your Invitation to Attend The Optimized Job Search 2-Part Workshop - Holiday Version
In this 2-part workshop, I will provide extra detail, tips, and advice on implementing a winning formula to get a new job faster by maintaining a job search routine over the holidays. I developed my thesis and gave a broad brush on this podcast, which will be very helpful already. But if you are serious about your job search and really need to find a new job fast, I recommend that you register. Ideally, you would want to attend the training live to ask questions and interact with me. But even if the dates and times don't suit you, registering you at least guarantees to get the recordings of the live training sessions. The 2 sessions are happening from 11am to 12pm Melbourne time (AEDT) on the 2nd and 3rd of December 2020.
- 00:25 – Introduction
- 03:58 – Renata’s personal experience job hunting during the holidays
- 08:12 – Three different schedules
- 10:15 – Job hunting takes time
- 16:34 – Start your day right: Renata’s personal routine: of meditation, exercise, and learning
- 19:11 – Linkedin activity
- 22:43 – Job applications
- 23:42 – Networking
- 26:09 – Career readiness
- 28:28 – Career coaching
- 29:31 – Weekly review plan
- 30:57 – Guided relaxation
- 32:07 – Downloadable schedules
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Optimized Job Search Free 2-Part Workshop: Register Now
- The Optimized Job Search Weekly Schedule: Download Now
- My career story: The Job Hunting Podcast Ep. 18
- Interview with Jacinta Whelan: The Job Hunting Podcast Ep. 31 - Me Inc: Opting for short term contract work post-quarantine
- LinkedIn Audit Service: Learn More and Book
- Reset Your Career Program: On-Demand Workshop + 31 Days of Actions Plan
- Transcript of this episode
About your host:
Hello, and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources. I developed a range of services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also coach private clients. So there is really no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Free tools & where to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
- My website
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career
- Where to listen/subscribe/follow to The Job Hunting Podcast.
Please support this podcast: Follow, subscribe, rate, and review:
Please consider rating and reviewing my show. This helps me reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement! Click here, scroll all the way to the bottom, tap to rate with 5 stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Enjoy the episode and Ciao for now
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Host, The Job Hunting Podcast
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd
Level 14, 333 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia