Hello, and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources, I run free live career coaching sessions, the Job Hunting Made Simple online course, and I coach private clients. So there is really no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Episode Show Notes
Introducing Reset Your Career: A Workshop and Action Plan to help professionals in transition
Lockdown, working from home, and a major spike in unemployment have left many of us disconnected from what employers are now searching for in their new hires. We’ll help you regain focus and provide all the tools you need to reset your career. Learn more and register here.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 08:36 – Which resume format do employers prefer?
- 14:43 – Can you please provide some advice when looking for a job while employed?
- 22:17 – I'm struggling to set up my Zoom background and lighting. Can you provide some advice?
- 28:41 – Should I be looking for job opportunities overseas?
- 33:12 – How do you network in lockdown?
- 38:15 – Should we forget 2020 and only start looking for work in 2021?
- 43:34 – I'm not getting a job. What do I do?
- 45:55 – Bonus tip
Resources and Services Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast Ep35: "Let me call you back" - Recruitment trends shaping the job market in 2020
- Renata's Live Coaching Session: 3 ways to improve your resume: Tips from a recruiter and a career coach
- The Job Hunting Podcast Ep 7: How to attend a job interview when you work full-time?
- Email template
- Subscribe to my newsletter and receive 2 resources I designed for my clients.
- Download a transcript of this episode
Free tools & were to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career
- Where to listen/subscribe/follow to The Job Hunting Podcast.
- My website
Work with me! Find out more and book my career services:
- Book a consultation with me: single session and/or coaching program
- Book a LinkedIn Audit
- Register your interest for the next intake: The Job Hunting Made Simple
Rate & Review on Apple Podcast:
Please consider the rating and reviewing my show. This helps me reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement! Click here, scroll all the way to the bottom, tap to rate with 5 stars, and select "Write a review." Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And you have haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Enjoy the episode, and don't forget to subscribe and follow this Podcast!
Ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Host, The Job Hunting Podcast
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd
Level 14, 333 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia