Hello and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I've created a series of free tools and resources, I run free live career coaching sessions, the Job Hunting Made Simple online course, and I coach private clients. So there is really no excuse – I’m determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
Episode Show Notes
Julian Doherty has over thirteen years of leadership, consulting, and research experience managing business intelligence, executive search, and management consulting engagements for ASX Top 50, private, government, not-for-profit, and higher education clients.
In 2011 he founded Yellow Folder Research with the aim of disrupting incumbent executive search providers and the agency model of recruitment. Julian believes that service and technology innovation allows consultants to meet evolved, contemporary client needs, where traditional vendors have refused to update their service model. Prior to founding Yellow Folder, Julian was Head of Research at Slade Partners.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 04:05 – About Yellow Folder
- 08:08 – Potential issues with long headhunting processes
- 12:50 – Julian’s career journey
- 17:12 – What keeps employers awake at night
- 25:22 – Changing sectors: Employers' appetite for hiring professionals with transferable skills and experience
- 32:11 – Pay cuts and salary range
- 37:29 – Is the recruitment industry broken?
- 39:26 – The difference between your LinkedIn profile, your resume, and cover letters
- 45:12 – What keeps Julian awake at night?
- 47:13 – What keeps his clients awake at night?
- 48:52 – Hiring freezes
- 51:00 – Retraining vs experience
Resources and Services Mentioned in This Episode:
- Yellow Folder
- Download a transcript of this episode
Free tools & were to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career
- Where to listen/subscribe/follow to The Job Hunting Podcast
- My website
Work with me! Find out more and book my career services:
- Book a consultation with me: single session and/or coaching program
- Book a LinkedIn Audit
- Register your interest for the next intake: The Job Hunting Made Simple
Rate & Review on Apple Podcast:
Please consider rating and reviewing my show. This helps me reach more people just like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement! Click here, scroll all the way to the bottom, tap to rate with 5 stars, and select "Write a review". Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And you have haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Enjoy the episode, and don't forget to subscribe and follow this Podcast!
Ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Host, The Job Hunting Podcast
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd
Level 14, 333 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia