The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Sep 21, 2020
Monday Sep 21, 2020
This episode was recorded LIVE during the 2020 Digital Innovation Forum (#DIF2020), organized by the Department of Job, Precincts, and Regions, State of Victoria, Australia. When the opportunity arose, I immediately thought of Catherine Ball as a perfect guest for this partnership between The Job Hunting Podcast and #DIF2020. She's full of energy and generous in sharing her ideas, knowledge, and advice. There was very little prompting needed from me!
Catherine is one of the most prolific, efficient professionals and entrepreneurs I know. She also blends entrepreneurialism, academia, and corporate life seamlessly, at least from the outside. I am sure there's a great deal of hard work going on to keep all her engines going; she gives us a little bit of insight into how she manages it all.
This episode is one to be enjoyed and listened to a couple of times. It's also full of optimism and hope for an amazing future of work.
Catherine is currently promoting a masterclass on Influence and Leadership, which if you are lucky you may be able to access for free using this link below - if not it's still pretty cheap, so I recommend you invest it in if you are interested in managing a portfolio career or starting your own business consulting on the side: Click here for details.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 04:42 – Catherine’s career journey.
- 09:48 – Managing a portfolio career and entrepreneurial projects: How does she do it!?
- 16.22 – How to charge for your services when you are a consultant.
- 18:22 – STEM and innovation.
- 27:45 – Diversity and innovation.
- 29:11 – Let's talk jobs! In-demand jobs in the (very near) future.
- 33:27 – Emerging jobs and technologies: for entry-level professionals, mid-level managers, and executives.
- 36:23 – Senior executives and technology.
- 42:38 – Emerging technologies: How is Australia faring?
- 48:32 – Final words of wisdom.
- Download a transcript of this episode
Resources and Services Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast episode with Div Pillay: 39. What leaders need to know: How to get business outcomes with diversity and inclusion - with D&I Expert Div Pillay
- World of Drones Congress
- World of Drones Education, the Design a Drone Competition
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.