The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Tuesday Sep 15, 2020
Tuesday Sep 15, 2020
Alex Naoumidis is the CEO of Mindset Health, a startup he founded with his brother Chris in Melbourne Australia. It now has 2 apps on the market: Mindset (for mental health) and Nerva (for irritable bowel syndrome, which is often triggered by stress and anxiety), but its ambitions are much higher.
Mindset Health is a company brand with the vision of managing multiple products addressing chronic conditions with app-based hypnotherapy. Since it’s inception in 2018, Mindset has been building a loyal following of fans, like yours truly, has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Tech Crunch, and other news outlets, interested in their digital health innovation and hypnotherapy programs. It has also attracted the interest of investors: In May this year, the startup announced it had raised $1.1 million in funding from investors across the U.S. and Australia.
The first half of our conversation was about the startup world: how Alex landed in the world of innovation and entrepreneurialism, about working in startups and building a team of diverse professionals. Then we focused on wellbeing in 2020, what/how and if COVID has influenced Mindset’s next steps and growth, and what Alex can tell us to help us perform at our best during the lockdown.
This episode was the first-ever episode of The Job Hunting Podcast recorded LIVE with an audience. It was one of four special episodes designed to be part of the Victorian 2020 Digital Innovation Festival, or #DIF2020. DIF is an initiative of the Department of Jobs, Precincts, and Regions. In Melbourne, we are very proud of our innovation precincts, especially when it comes to health innovation. And Mindset is on a league of its own.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 07:54 – Alex tells us how he became a start-up entrepreneur.
- 12:36 – His strengths as a leader and as a professional to pursue a career as an entrepreneur.
- 14.38 – How has it changed having people working with and for him.
- 16:15 – How Alex chooses people to work with him.
- 18:09 – The differences in leadership styles: Alex and his brother and Co-Founder Chris.
- 18:57 – People coming from traditional sectors to work for start-ups.
- 22:18 – How is a hypnotherapy app perceived in Australia?
- 24:20 – Statistics of places in the world with most downloads of Mindset App.
- 25:11 – How hypnotherapy by app works?
- 27:18 – Has the pandemic changed the future plans for Mindset Health and digital health in general?
- 30:20 – Mindset growth plans.
- 33:13 – Tips for job hunters who are feeling very anxious about how to manage their mental health.
- 37:49 – How Mindset Health apps work and what is the most popular program?
- 38:50 – What’s next for Mindset Health?
- 41:30 – Where Alex’ sees himself 20 years from now.
- 42:35 – Is it viable to be based in Australia with the kind of start-up business they created?
- Download a transcript of this episode
Resources and Services Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast Episode11. What to invest in when you are job hunting: Options for 3 different budgets: in this episode, I mention Mindset App as a good investment
- The Mindset Health website
- The Mindset App website
- The Nerva App website
- New Your Times article
- Yahoo News article
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.