Hello and welcome! I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert and career strategist. I teach professionals in the corporate, non-profit and public sectors the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are an ambitious professional who keen to develop a robust career plan, above and beyond this covid-19 situation, who is looking to find your next job or promotion, or you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market, so that when you ready and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I have created a series of free tools and resources, I run weekly free live coaching sessions on Facebook, which I now film and post on Youtube and on my website as well, this is all in addition to my Job Hunting Made Simple online course, and the coaching I do to my private clients. So there is really no excuse – I’m determined to help you. And help as many people as possible feel empowered and feel like they have the support needed to nail their next job and have the career they want.
What’d the best way to ensure you know about everything I offer? You sign up to the Reset Your Career community. All I need is your name and email, which I never share with anyone or anybody. But if you are currently on the market looking for a new job or if you want tips on how to advance or change careers, make sure you subscribe to my Reset Your Career community. It is completely free. And I'll send you all my free resources I’ve created plus a weekly newsletter with the new podcast episode and some extra content I put together by email every week and keep you up to date and accountable to follow your career dreams: https://www.renatabernarde.com/join
On my website you will find everything: the podcast audios, the videos of the podcast interviews, blogs, recordings of my Live career coaching sessions , links to my social media channels, links to join access the free resources and of course the information about my services and online course - all to help you prepare your career plans and move forward with your job hunting with confidence and less stress.
Episode Show Notes
In today’s job market and work environment, everything is changing. For professionals in the corporate, nonprofit and public sectors, almost nothing feels the same and it is challenging to see where we are heading, let alone plan for our careers. To have courage to face the unknown will be crucial to getting us as individuals and as a community moving towards our preferred future. So, where can we get our courage from and how do we apply that in our career?
In todays’ episode, I interviewed Dina Pozzo. With more than twenty years’ experience in learning and organisational development both locally and internationally, Dina is a highly skilled facilitator and coach. Dina completed a Master of Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Melbourne and was trained by Brene Brown as a Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator.
In this interview, we address the following questions: What does courage looks like during job search? And in the office? What does being vulnerable has to do courage? Can you practice "courage" and get better at it? And how can you use your personal strengths to develop courage?
- Courage is an intentional constructive or moral action taken by an individual in the presence of perceived personal risk and uncertainty of outcome (personal or organisational) in order to resolve or avert a workplace issue.
- Sometimes it takes courage to do nothing.
- What I may need courage for, you may not. And vice versa.
- If we stop and think and unpack the past, we can say when we've been courageous in the past, we can say what we did, how we did it, how we felt, who enabled us, all those things.
- Be a courage spotter: When you spot courage in someone else, call it out because that helps build our self-awareness.
- Know that vulnerability is actually strength.
- BRAVING stands for – Boundaries, Reliability, the Vote, Integrity, Non-judgement, and Generosity.
- If you come back to your values every time when you reach that fork in the road, we know whatever the decision that needs to be made is going to be an easier decision to make. I'm not saying it's going to be an easy decision, but it will be easier.
Three questions to reflect on to job hunt with courage:
- How worthwhile is that action?
- How risky is it to apply for that role?
- What action will you take?
Four key skills of courage:
- Rumbling with vulnerability.
- Braving trust
- Living your values
- Learning to rise
Four Character Strengths that sit in the virtue of courage:
- Authenticity and honesty
- Zest or energy
Subscribe to Reset Your Career
And receive access to the Reset Your Career Masterclass and other job hunting tools to get your career plans back on track, with more confidence and less stress: https://www.renatabernarde.com/join
Where to listen/subscribe/follow this podcast
I'd love if you could give this Podcast a 5-star review
It helps so much! With your help, this podcast can reach others who need career support. The way to do that is to give it a 5-star rating and review, so that iTunes knows it's a good podcast to recommend to others. Please scroll to the bottom of this link, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review”: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-job-hunting-podcast/id1481423500
Download a transcript of this episode:
Book a consultation and find out more about my services:
Enjoy the interview ciao for now