Hi, I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host The Job Hunting Podcast
The aim for this podcast is to help you nail your next job and have the career you want. If you are currently on the market looking for a new job or if you want tips on how to advance or change careers, make sure you follow this podcast on iTunes, YouTube or Spotify.
Do you regret leaving your corporate job? In today’s episode, I will be sharing a very interesting topic from my Facebook live video series. This is a topic that a lot of people ask me about. It’s about people that are really keen to move back into corporate career, but they may be reluctant to do so. Coming back to a corporate career, following a maternity leave break, even an extended period where you've been at home taking care of kids or you've had your own business for a decade or so, or you had a completely different career, creative career for example, and it's time now or you really want to reconsider your choices. So is it possible to go back to the career you once had? Find out in this podcast.
- The best time to open a business is in your 20s and 40s. In your 20s you have a lot of energy, you have no debt, and you have no kids or family. If anything goes wrong a hundred times, you can always go back to the corporate sector. In your 40s, you have less debt and less expenses, you can invest in other things.
- Whatever you decide to do, it doesn't have to be forever.
- People with entrepreneurial capacity and skill set are so needed in the corporate sector. Because you need people internally that will change things, that will make the workplace more vibrant, more interesting and more in times with what's happening around the world.
- Another reason why you may want to stay in the corporate sector or go back to the corporate sector is to build a better runway. Building a better runway means saving money so you can bootstrap your business or start up.
- For women who are still raising young children, the corporate sector sometimes is better for that than having your own business. Because if you're starting your business and having kids at the same time, it can be really overwhelming.
I look forward to speaking to you soon! Remember to book your session with me by joining my community here: https://www.renatabernarde.com/join *
I hope you enjoy listening to this episode; look out for another great one coming up next week!
Bye for now
* The career strategic sessions are only available for free for a limited time only, so if you are reading this in the future, the link may have gone, sorry!
How to book a free career session with me, subscribe to my newsletter and download my free guides?
When you join the Reset Your Career Community, you will access high quality advice to help you make better plans for your future, apply for jobs with ease (and no stress), and feel in control of your career. Learn more here: https://www.renatabernarde.com/join
Where to listen to this podcast and subscribe for future episodes
- Click here to sign up for my newsletter and get the new episode in your inbox weekly.
- Click here for iTunes
- Click here for Spotify
- Click here to YouTube
How to give this podcast a rating or review on iTunes
If you enjoy this podcast, I'd love if you could give me a 5-star review, it helps so much. on iTunes, go to my podcast page, scroll down and below the list of episodes you will see the Ratings & Review box. You can tap to give the podcast 5-stars or write a review (you can be anonymous, just choose a nickname). I'm making donations to Red Cross Australia for all the support, reviews and rankings I receive during this Australian Summer. Thanks a million!!
Other ways to enjoy this episode:
- Join The Job Hunting Podcast Private Facebook Group: This group is a community of people who are willing to help each other, provide support, accountability, and connection for those who are job seeking or are career enthusiasts.
- Download a transcript of this episode