Hi, I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host The Job Hunting Podcast
The aim for this podcast is to help you nail your next job and have the career you want. If you are currently on the market looking for a new job or if you want tips on how to advance or change careers, make sure you follow this podcast on iTunes, YouTube or Spotify.
This episode is about the many struggles women face in their careers, and the different style of leadership that we offer. We will tackle more on this topic in the future episodes, but for now I hope you enjoy listening to this short discussion. It's an audio version of a Facebook live video from late 2019, and I thought it was an important one to share.
This audio is from the very beginning of my Facebook page and my whole project including this podcast. At the time of my launch, I received a lot of feedback from women. I quickly filmed this reponse to the feedback I was receiveing because I thought to myself: this is important, this is what's top of mind for your audience, so you need to address it! You can tell that it was my first video and I have a lot of nerves, but you can also feel my passion for this subject and how much I care about women achieving, women breaking the glass ceiling, helping each other, advocating for each other and moving upwards in their careers.
It was International Women's Day a few days ago, and I see this as the episode I wanted to have for you this week.
- Be careful with success bias: We tend to compare ourselves with others who we see as successful, without seeing their struggles, and most importantly, without seeing women in senior leadership are the minority.
- There is so much strength, creativity and experience that a different style of career can bring to leadership! Always choosing the candidate that has a linear career progression doesn not offer the organisation enought diversity and inclusion. We haven't really been able to create a narrative about why it's important for us to have that diversity, not just of gender, but of work experience, and how that enriches the leadership teams and ultimate the decision making power of organisations.
I look forward to speaking to you soon! Remember to book your session with me by joining my community here: https://www.renatabernarde.com/join *
Or if you are not ready for a chat, joing the community anyway! There's a tone of value and career advice coming your way when you do!
I hope you enjoy listening to this episode; look out for another great one coming up next week!
Bye for now
* The career strategy sessions are available for free for a limited time only, so if you are reading this in the future, the link may have gone, sorry!
How to book a free career session with me, subscribe to my newsletter and download my free guides:
When you join the Reset Your Career Community, you will access high quality advice to help you make better plans for your future, apply for jobs with ease (and no stress), and feel in control of your career. Learn more here: https://www.renatabernarde.com/join
Where to listen to this podcast and subscribe for future episodes:
- Click here to sign up for my newsletter and get the new episode in your inbox weekly.
- Click here for iTunes
- Click here for Spotify
- Click here to YouTube
How to give this podcast a rating or review on iTunes
If you enjoy this podcast, I'd love if you could give me a 5-star review, it helps so much. on iTunes, go to my podcast page, scroll down and below the list of episodes you will see the Ratings & Review box. You can tap to give the podcast 5-stars or write a review (you can be anonymous, just choose a nickname). I'm making donations to Red Cross Australia for all the support, reviews and rankings I receive during this Australian Summer. Thanks a million!!
Other ways to enjoy this episode:
- Join The Job Hunting Podcast Private Facebook Group: This group is a community of people who are willing to help each other, provide support, accountability, and connection for those who are job seeking or are career enthusiasts.
- Download a transcript of this episode