This is a podcast for well-informed job hunters and career enthusiasts. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. in 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection works, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast, a 5-star rated show listened to in over 50 countries. I also coach the Job Hunting Made Simple program, teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. I live in Melbourne, drink too much coffee, and some say I can talk underwater :). Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know this podcast exists! You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com. Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Dec 26, 2022
Monday Dec 26, 2022
Do you want to learn how to answer the infamous salary question? Have you wondered, "Can I apply multiple times for the same organization?" Do you need to explain a career gap? If so, this episode is for you! There's nothing like learning from the expert! Ginny Clarke has extensive experience recruiting senior leaders for Google and other sought-after employers. So, given we had her for a whole hour for this episode, I collated a range of questions from podcast listeners and clients and asked her those questions.
4:04 Ginny's Career
19:35 Question 1: The salary question
22:09 Question 2: Applying multiple times for the same organization
26:32 Question 3: The internal candidate
30:12 Question 4: Explaining a career gap
37:23 Question 5: References
41:42 Question 6: Social media presence
47:16 Question 7: Career advancement - applying for a role above yours
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The conversation I had with the two recruiters mentioned in this episode is now episode 149 of The Job Hunting Podcast.
- Wendy Metter is the former NorthWestern University Coach who now works independently, providing career consulting services to young professionals.
- Podcast episode with Sacha Koffman: 122. Overcoming career setbacks.
- Book mentioned by Ginny: The Heroes Journey, Joseph Campbell.
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job-hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Cariño
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.