The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Dec 26, 2022
Monday Dec 26, 2022
Do you want to learn how to answer the infamous salary question? Have you wondered, "Can I apply multiple times for the same organization?" Do you need to explain a career gap? If so, this episode is for you! There's nothing like learning from the expert! Ginny Clarke has extensive experience recruiting senior leaders for Google and other sought-after employers. So, given we had her for a whole hour for this episode, I collated a range of questions from podcast listeners and clients and asked her those questions. Read the full blog on the website.
- 4:04 Ginny's Career
- 19:35 Question 1: The salary question
- 22:09 Question 2: Applying multiple times for the same organization
- 26:32 Question 3: The internal candidate
- 30:12 Question 4: Explaining a career gap
- 37:23 Question 5: References
- 41:42 Question 6: Social media presence
- 47:16 Question 7: Career advancement - applying for a role above yours
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The conversation I had with the two recruiters mentioned in this episode is now episode 149 of The Job Hunting Podcast.
- Wendy Metter is the former NorthWestern University Coach who now works independently, providing career consulting services to young professionals.
- Podcast episode with Sacha Koffman: 122. Overcoming career setbacks.
- Book mentioned by Ginny: The Heroes Journey, Joseph Campbell.
About the host, Renata Bernarde
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job-hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule
- Learn more about my career services on my website
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or email me at email@example.com
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.