This month, three coaching clients are starting new jobs. It is such a fantastic feeling for them and me to achieve this much-wanted result. And these are not just any jobs. These are excellent, special opportunities aligned with my clients' career goals and paying well. I like to think I had a hand in helping them. But as my client pool grows, I also have started to notice that some clients are more productive than others. So I started paying attention to common traits my clients have that allow them to move ahead of the game and speed up results in their job searches.
So, here are the 7 traits and strategies that I have identified as successful job hunting strategies when I work with my clients. I hope you enjoy listening to this episode.
- The importance of asking questions (03:29)
- Being ok with not knowing and happy to learn (06:14)
- Being disciplined (08:39)
- Developing a consistent professional brand (10:59)
- Knowing how to connect with others(12:22)
- How rest contributes to performance (14:36)
- The importance of getting the help you need to succeed (17:30)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Theodore Roosevelt's speech "The Man in the Arena."
- An episode with my friend Marianne Roux
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter
- Sign up for a FREE Masterclass
- Join the waitlist for the group coaching - Job Hunting Made Simple
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Cariño
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.