152. How to work while traveling: A guide for job hunters, business owners, and corporate professionals.
Many of us are already used to working from home, and working in a different location wouldn't be much different. I recently traveled overseas and realized that working while traveling allows you to learn more about yourself, your lifestyle, and the people around you. It also improves your communication and organizational skills.
It can be uncomfortable to work outside your home or work office. There can be many unexpected and stressful things that might happen, but it can also be one of the best things you can do in life! So, here are some of my tips if you're planning to travel soon while working or job hunting.
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 2:42 - Define what you want to get out of your travels.
- 4:00 - Create a structure that supports the lifestyle you want.
- 5:24 - Overcommunicate with your manager and colleagues.
- 10:06 - Hold yourself accountable for meeting expectations.
- 18:47 - Travel with people who understand remote working.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Harvard Business Review article: How to Work and Travel at the Same Time by Pam Kosanke
- Link to book a discovery call to work with me as a private client
- Portable Monitor for Travelling
- My Logitech camera
- Download the Optimized Job Search Schedule
- Calendly scheduling tool
- Movie with George Clooney: Up in the Air
- Follow me on Instagram
- Learn more about my services
Other ways to enjoy the podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Cariño
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.