This is a podcast for well-informed job hunters and career enthusiasts. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. in 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection works, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast, a 5-star rated show listened to in over 50 countries. I also coach the Job Hunting Made Simple program, teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. I live in Melbourne, drink too much coffee, and some say I can talk underwater :). Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know this podcast exists! You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com. Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Sep 05, 2022
Monday Sep 05, 2022
Monday Sep 05, 2022
In this episode, I discuss why it’s essential to find your niche and the common misconceptions about niching down that we need to debunk so you can get your next job faster.
If you believe you are a generalist without a specific niche, unique industry expertise, sector expertise, or deep knowledge of a particular area, you're not alone. Many executives believe they are generalists, and they may even announce that on their LinkedIn profiles and resumes, which is a big mistake!
Every recruiter who has been a guest on this podcast de-bunks this myth that it’s better to be a generalist than an expert. Every single one of them has encouraged you, listeners, to find your expertise and flaunt it.
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 02:00- The importance of niching down and finding your expertise.
- 08:25 - Niching down means limiting the jobs you can apply for.
- 10:04 - You have to niche down to a specific group of companies or jobs.
- 16:52 - You have to niche your entire business
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my Facebook group
- 40. How to find a job during the COVID-19 pandemic - with global recruitment expert Geoff Morgan AM.
- 78. Portfolio career: What is it, and is it for you? Featuring Jacinta Whelan.
- 71. Moving lanes: How to make career changes without going backward, featuring Donna Burr.
- 35. "Let me call you back" - Recruitment trends shaping the job market in 2020.
- 50. What employers want: Skills and attributes needed for business recovery - with Julian Doherty.
- 52. Has COVID-19 derailed your career? Interview with recruitment expert Geoff Slade.
- 76. Senior executive jobs in regional Australia: What is available and who are the successful candidates? Featuring regional recruiter Zoe Allan.
Other ways to enjoy the podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Cariño
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.