Grit is all about passion and perseverance - an important combination for professionals at a career crossroads. Be it a job loss, a major or minor career setback, a disappointment at work, or when your job hunting efforts are not translating to results. Grit is a much-needed trait that can help you overcome challenges and succeed in your career.
In this episode, I interview James Brook, CEO & Founder of TalentPredix and Plexus Leadership, to examine the components of grit, why it is so important, and how to develop it.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Free Optimized Job Search Schedule
- Angela Duckworth's Grit Scale
- Book "Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance" by Angela Duckworth
- Angela Duckworth's TED Talk
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Cariño
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.