Abhishek Kaushik is the CEO & Co-Founder of WeCP, a one-of-a-kind tech screening platform that helps recruiters and hiring managers to evaluate developers faster and more efficiently.
Abhishek aims to make the hiring process straightforward and efficient by adding a skill test to the tech recruitment process. Abhishek has reduced the total time to hire for most of their clients by 90% or more by implementing these ideas.
In this episode, we chat with Abhishek about:
- The Future of Tech Recruitment: If you have been job hunting recently, you know that you cannot avoid technology anymore in the recruitment process. At every executive and professional level, it's all-encompassing.
- How you can use "First Principles" and creative thinking to help you prepare for job interviews and help solve work problems.
- What the future will look like for recruitment and selection of candidates.
About our guest
In 2015, Abhishek and his co-founder wanted to test an idea that emerged from a random Chai chat in a college cafeteria. They created their first screening platform as the nerds they were, obsessed over coding challenges. By 2018, they had honed in on their product — an award-winning library of questions, compilers, and the ability to hire at scale attracted enterprise names.
Skip forward to today, and WeCP stands as a one-of-its-kind tech screening platform helping recruiters and hiring managers worldwide evaluate developers faster and with utmost efficiency. WeCP has been recognized as the "Top 4 Startup in India" by Startup Nexus, IC^2 in 2017, "Emerging Startups" by K-Startup World Grand Challenge in 2018, and "Top SaaS Startups" by Upekkha Catalyst- in 2019. WeCP is the Momentum Leader and Top Performer in the Technical Skills Screening Software category on G2.
You can connect with Abhishek:
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Article about first principles: Elon Musks' "3-Step" First Principles Thinking: How to Think and Solve Difficult Problems Like a Genius by Mayo Oshin.
- Take it a step further and listen to this episode about Bayes' theorem - when to use it and when not to use it - which is a tool for analysis of first principles: The Jolly Swagman Podcast Episode 139: Against Bayesianism - David Deutsch.
- The book I mentioned discusses knowledge workers' lack of creative thinking: Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work by Matthew B Crawford (Amazon affiliate link).
- Download a transcript of this episode.
- Abhi's career story
- Abhi's 3 Ps strategy to start a business
- Simple Idea Number 1: Creative thinking
- Simple Idea Number 2: First Principles
- Abhi's tips for professionals to be better colleagues in a digital work environment
- Final reflections.
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Cariño
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.