There are challenges in job hunting. For some professionals, these challenges are enough to make them avoid job hunting altogether. However, there are huge benefits for professionals who embrace the challenge of changing jobs, such as obtaining higher wages and more flexibility.
So, it’s crucial for professionals to move jobs, or at least learn how to move jobs so they can do so confidently when the time is right. In this episode, we look at the five things no one tells you about job hunting so you can prepare for them. If you know what they are, you can plan, address, and conquer the five challenges that may keep you from progressing in your job search and securing the job you want.
[00:58] LinkedIn tip: connecting vs. following
[05:17] Changing jobs every 2 to 3 years: Why do it?
[08:26] Number 1: You need to sell yourself
[11:30] Number 2: You need to do the work, not just plan for it.
[16:00] Number 3: You need to make time
[18:12] Number 4: Pitch then plan
[19:46] Number 5: You don't have to be all grown up and boring
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Tiktok
- Follow me on Facebook
- Join my Facebook Group
- Guy Kawasaki’s book I love: Reality Check
- Learn about my career services on my website.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for job hunters and career enthusiasts.
- Learn about my group coaching and online course, Job Hunting Made Simple.
- Download my free resource - Optimized Job Search Schedule: Free Workbook and Masterclass, to start a successful job search routine.
- Download a transcript of this episode.
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Cianna Reider
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.