The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s make it happen!
Monday May 09, 2022
Monday May 09, 2022
It's natural to rethink your career. We're in unprecedented times, causing many of us to review our career paths, consider taking a break or search for new opportunities.
In this episode, we will discuss strategies to increase your employability, even if you decided to take a career break, which many professionals are doing due to pandemic burnout.
When I develop ideas for episodes, I make a few assumptions about my listeners. For example, I assume they are ambitious for their career. Otherwise, why would they be listening to The Job Hunting Podcast!? I assume, of course, that they want a job and want to live their lives with purpose, as opposed to finding whatever job is available. They want to find a job aligned with their values. Leading a purposeful life is a very post-covid sentiment. Everyone wants it.
However, the outcome of two years of working and living under unusual circumstances has taken a toll. Many of us are burnout.
People "feel so apathetic now they're having to deal with the coronavirus and feel exhausted. They literally just want to lie down with a book, or sit and watch some TV, rather than keep the momentum going by working hard," says Kerry Allen, the BBC's China media analyst.
It's normal to want to take a break. Don't be hard on yourself for feeling unmotivated.
In this episode, I will:
- Discuss what's happening with the labor force and why the unemployment rate is so low. It is not because the economy is thriving. It's way more complicated than that.
- Offer you two better ways to assess your chances of getting your next job fast. A clue: it is not the unemployment rate!
- Explain the importance of paying attention to trends and what type of news to consume if you want to advance in your career.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast Ep. 108. How long does it take to find a new job?
- Learn about my career services on my website.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for job hunters and career enthusiasts.
- Learn about my group coaching and online course, Job Hunting Made Simple.
- Download my free resource - Optimized Job Search Schedule: Free Workbook and Masterclass, to start a successful job search routine.
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at email@example.com.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Cianna Reider
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.