If you're thinking about joining other professionals in the "Great Resignation", then this episode is for you. There are some data and information that you can find online that will guide you in making the best decisions for you. And that's what we're going to discuss.
Registrations are now open for the Reset Your Career Workshop. Click here to learn more and register.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Gareth Hutchens from the ABC has written a series of articles helping job seekers understand unemployment data: my favorites are Why are millions of unemployed people excluded from our monthly 'unemployment' data? , Why doesn't the unemployment rate make sense? and Forget the unemployment rate. Job seekers need better numbers.
- Here is another interesting article: Long-term unemployment now worse than after 1991 recession by Caitlin Fitzsimmons in the Sydney Morning Herald.
- And finally, the table I spoke about with the duration of job search for each of the 108 Australian Labour Markets: How many weeks does it take to find a job near you? Search this table and see by Gareth Hutchens from the ABC.
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Are you new to The Job Hunting Podcast? If so, here is a bit about your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you are ready, and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you. In addition to The Job Hunting Podcast, I have developed a range of courses and services for professionals in career or job transition. And, of course, I also coach private clients.
So there is no excuse – I'm determined to help you! I want you to feel empowered, nail your next job, and have the career you want.
- Subscribe to the newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please support The Job Hunting Podcast: Follow, subscribe, share, rate, and review:
Thank you so much again for listening to the episode. Please leave us a review and give it a 5-star rating on Apple Podcast if you enjoyed the content. A review is the best gift you can give to a podcaster; I'll be so happy you wouldn't believe it! Writing a review and giving it five stars helps the podcast reach more people like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement.
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Camille Carino
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong People. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.