The podcast with Expert Insights for Navigating the Modern Job Market. Hi, my name is Renata Bernarde. In 2018, I left my job to help others get their careers on track. My love for coaching started at a very young age. Over time, I realized that many professionals don’t know how recruitment & selection work, which negatively impacts their career progression. Today I host The Job Hunting Podcast and I also have a series of career services for corporate professionals. My signature coaching program is called Job Hunting Made Simple, a roadmap teaching professionals the steps and framework to make career advancement simpler and less stressful. Please subscribe, leave me a rating, write a review, and let the people you care about know about this podcast. You can also learn more about me and my coaching services on www.renatabernarde.com Do you want me to be a guest on your podcast? Speak at your event? Coach you? Reach out via email at email@example.com, and let’s make it happen!
Monday Oct 25, 2021
Monday Oct 25, 2021
About our guest, Moana Weir (part 2):
Moana has over 20 years of Executive experience, leading strategic business and cultural transformation: in the healthcare and health insurance industry with Bupa, including as Acting MD for the Bupa Dental business, and as Acting Corporate Affairs Director. Prior to this, she had Executive experience in listed, international online companies at SEEK (seek.com.au), REA (realestate.com.au), and Melbourne IT leading areas including Legal, Governance, and Company Secretarial, Regulatory, Risk, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability.
Moana also has deep experience for over 10 years as a Non-Executive Director in the not-for-profit Government and community sector. She is currently Chair of the Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission Victoria (VEOHRC), and a member of the People and Culture Committee at Movember, the leading charity changing the face of men’s health globally. She has also previously been a director on the Board of VLine and a director of the Melbourne Montessori School Board. To learn more, check Moana Weir's LinkedIn Profile.
- 04:16 - Director vs Chair
- 06:49 - Succession planning
- 07:38 - Setting up the board agenda
- 10:00 - Chair and CEO relationship
- 11:18 - On being the chair of the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- 14:43 - Representation and lived experience at the board level
- 16:57 - The pandemic's impact on equal opportunity and human rights
- 20:13 - Key issues in equal opportunity and human rights
- 22:01 - Ageism in the workforce is real
- 26:58 - Dealing with trauma, bad behavior, and bullying
- 31:14 - Moana's future career plans
- 33:11 - Final advice from Moana Weir
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast episode 98. Why are we still not seeing more women in senior roles? - with Carly Moulang and Alessandro Ghio
- The Job Hunting Podcast episode 96. Recruitment and selection without resumes - with Dina Bayasanova Ph.D
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know, book by Malcolm Gladwell
- Working With Monsters: How to Identify and Protect Yourself from the Workplace Psychopath by John Clarke
- The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilised Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't, by Robert Sutton
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
About your host:
Hello, I'm Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I'm also an executive coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress.
- Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
- A free resource for job hunters: The Optimized Job Search Schedule.
- Learn more about my career services: www.renatabernarde.com.
- Book a time to discuss 1-1 coaching and achieve your goals faster
- Or please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host: Renata Bernarde
Editing: Cianna Reider
Music: Scott Holmes
Contact us: email@example.com
The Job Hunting Podcast is a podcast by Pantala Pty Ltd.
Pantala acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on, the Bunurong people. We pay our respects to their Elder's past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.